Texas Right to Life has part-time internships opening in 2016 in our Houston headquarters:1. Membership Services – customer service, answering phones, compiling data, handling money.2. Politics – event planning, making phone calls, assisting with clerical needs, some political research.
3. Legislation – researching current TX laws and other state laws, researching effects of new Pro-Life laws, preparing for the 2017 legislative session.
Texas Right to Life is always looking for dynamic individuals who are willing to carry our message to all corners of our state. While most of the training and work will initially be conducted in our Houston State Headquarters, eventually our Development Officers will be required to travel throughout Texas. For the right people, this will be very difficult work, which they will never want to leave. These individuals will become professional Pro-Life warriors who advance the Culture of Life and build the Kingdom of God.
- Commit to defend innocent human Life from fertilization until natural death;
- Offer people an opportunity to invest their time, money, and talents in the Pro-Life cause;
- Initially work daily and two evenings per week in the Houston state headquarters;
- Travel overnight up to six nights a month;
- Hold a college degree from an accredited four-year institution;
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week;
- Work up to 65 hours a week for brief periods of time (e.g., annual gala, end-of-year major donor campaign, etc.); and
- Work at least one Saturday and one Sunday a month.
- Full benefits will be provided after 90 days.
- Pay will be commensurate to actual fundraising and development experience and will be competitive with the current market.
- All work expenses, including mileage, are reimbursed weekly.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Set and make 10-15 visits per month with current identified donors and across Texas;
- Articulate effectively the vision, mission, and goals of Texas Right to Life;
- Speak with 20 donors a week on the phone;
- Attend work related functions—including social and political events;
- Organize regional receptions for supporters;
- Participate in donor telemarketing in-house campaigns;
- Solicit Major Gifts; and
- Seek new donors.
- Human life begins at fertilization.
- All innocent human life is worthy of protection regardless of age and physical or mental competence, including life begun in a laboratory.
- The terminally ill are intrinsically valuable to our human family; therefore, they should receive all requested lifesaving care, including compassionate palliative care.
- What does it mean to be Pro-Life?
- Why are you Pro-Life?
- What three qualities are needed in Pro-Life activists?
- Why do you want to work for Texas Right to Life?
- Do you want full or part-time employment?
- What is your availability?
- What will you add to Texas Right to Life?