Support Pro-Life candidates and resolutions at the upcoming Republican Party of Texas Convention.
Texas Right to Life will be leading the Pro-Life fight at the Republican Party of Texas (RPT) State Convention in San Antonio in just over a month, and we need YOUR help. In order to keep the Republican Party of Texas (RPT) unapologetically Pro-Life, we need you to ensure that strong Pro-Life planks are adopted into the Party Platform and that uncompromising party leaders are elected. The Platform outlines the beliefs of Texas’ Republican Party and is under attack by moderate Republicans seeking to “streamline” the document. Party leaders elected at the Convention will direct the RPT over the next two years, promoting our values and holding elected officials accountable to voters and the priorities they have determined. For this reason, the RPT Platform must include clear and robust Pro-Life planks and the Chair and Vice Chair of the Party must care personally and deeply about advancing the Pro-Life movement.
Texas Right to Life will be working to secure five Pro-Life victories at the RPT Convention:
- Re-elect James Dickey for RPT Chairman;
- Elect a Pro-Life RPT Vice Chair;
- Pass the Pro-Life Resolution for Prenatal NonDiscrimination Act (PreNDA) Legislation as a Legislative Priority;
- Pass the Pro-Life Resolution to Repeal and Replace “The Ten-Day Clock” in the Texas Advance Directives Act (TADA); and
- Strengthen the Platform plank that outlines how the Speaker of the Texas House should be selected (Plank 70).
Complete the form below. We will provide you with information to contact your Republican leaders in favor of supporting these five Pro-Life priorities for the upcoming Convention. Whether you’ll be attending the Convention or not, your voice can help encourage your local Republican leaders to support these Pro-Life initiatives.
Stay tuned–Texas Right to Life will be in touch with you soon with information for you to contact your Republican leaders.