Texas Right to Life is always looking for dynamic individuals who are willing to carry the Pro-Life message to all corners of Texas. For the right people, this will be very difficult work, which they will never want to leave. These individuals will become professional Pro-Life warriors who advance the Culture of Life and build the Kingdom of God.
As the Development Manager based in our Houston office, you will be a leader on the team who raises money for our life-saving efforts. You will build relationships with people in the Houston metropolitan area and manage the development associates in the Houston office. The Houston Development Manager reports directly to the Development Director.
- Commit to defend innocent human Life from fertilization until natural death;
- Articulate the vision, mission, and goals of Texas Right to Life;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution;
- Maintain a flexible work schedule with irregular work hours and a willingness to travel up to 25% of the time;
- Hire, mentor, and manage a growing team of development associates based in Houston;
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills; and
- Offer people an opportunity to invest their time, money, and talents in the Pro-Life cause.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Mentor, train, and lead the Houston development associates;
- Interview and hire new associates for the Houston office;
- Assist the Development Director with ongoing fundraising and big picture projects;
- Manage a portfolio of major donors and solicit major gifts;
- Schedule and complete 8-15 visits per month with current identified and prospective donors in Houston and the surrounding area;
- Attend work related functions—including social, legislative, educational, and political events; and
- Seek new donors.