Earn $1000 Each Semester
Dr. Joseph Witherspoon Pro-Life Law Student Scholarship
Dr. Edward Hannigan Pro-Life Medical Student Scholarship
BRAND NEW! Physician Assistant Pro-Life Student Scholarship
Only at the University of North Texas
Pro-Life values are often decried and challenged in the medical and law fields. A support network fosters the maintenance of these strong convictions among graduate students. A limited number of scholarships are reserved for medical and law students who are willing to establish a Pro-Life organization and host speakers and seminars at their Texas graduate school. Texas Right to Life assists and mentors students who receive the scholarship.
Application open year-round. To be considered to receive scholarship in January 2018, apply by December 1, 2017. To be considered to receive scholarship in August 2018, apply by July 1, 2018.
1) Be enrolled in a Texas medical or law school, or as a PA student at UNT.
2) Serve as a leader in a Pro-Life group established at the school (if there is not a group, form one).
3) Organize 3 meetings each semester with guest speakers. We will pay up to $5 per person for catering, for 3 separate lunch lectures, if you send us receipts.
4) Host one social event each semester to recruit and maintain membership.
5) Volunteer two times each semester with a Pro-Life organization in the community.
6) Write one article, to be published by Texas Right to Life, summarizing your efforts at the end of the academic year.
7) Identify a new leader of the group before the end of your term.
8) Commit for a minimum of one school year; commit ideally for two years.