Reading Time: 2 minutes
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
McALLEN PREGNANCY CENTER
Executive Director Position Description
The Executive Director position requires a dynamic and visionary Catholic leader who embraces the McAllen Pregnancy Center’s mission.
• Preferably, Bachelors Degree in business or nonprofit administration or related fields
• Excellent oral and written communication, verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate the mission to various audiences in English and Spanish
• Experience and skill in leading people, recruiting, hiring, training, organizing and overseeing the work of paid staff and volunteers in a manner that motivates and encourages performance.
• A vibrant, Spirit-filled personal relationship with God that expresses the love of Jesus in practical ways
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Quick Books, and social media strongly preferred and familiar with technological tools
• Develops Vision, Mission, and Strategies (shared in partnership with Board) for the ministry
• Oversees and supports staff and volunteers in implementing MPC’s Vision, Mission and Strategies
• Evaluates current programs in recommending new programs and modifications or discontinuance of current programs as appropriate to the needs of the clients and approval of the Board.
• Develops an MPC budget to maintain fiscal short and long term stability
• Ensures proper financial management and integrity to include accountability for grants, donor gifts and cash control
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Responsible for overseeing the recruitment and training of staff and volunteers
• Oversees the implementation of goals, policies, procedures and record-keeping to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the McAllen Pregnancy Center
• Conduct performance evaluations and provide on-going informal performance feedback
• Provides opportunities for staff development, spiritual growth and enrichment
BOARD ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPORT
• Works closely with the Board to maintain the strategic vision and plans for MPC
• Provide Board with pertinent and adequate information to help it reach sound decisions and formulate appropriate policies
• Strengthen and expand base of financial support from individuals, organizations, churches and grants
• Responsible and comfortable with asking for monetary donations
• Develops and oversees revenue-generating activities and programs in order to provide adequate income
COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively as a key ambassador for the McAllen Pregnancy Center
• Cultivates effective relationships with community, church, business leaders, public officials, potential donors, and MPC affiliates
• Promotes awareness of MPC throughout the region
• Able to effectively represent and communicate with all constituencies, including churches, public and media
This is a 40+ hour per week position that requires evenings and/or weekends and a potentially unpredictable schedule.
Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
This job description is not an employment contract and employment is at-will. The Board of Directors reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Résumés may be faxed to McAllen Pregnancy Center: (956) 631-4264 Attention: Y. Chapa