Texas Right to Life is always looking for dynamic individuals who are willing to carry our message to all corners of our state. For the right people, this will be very fulfilling work which they will never want to leave. These individuals will become professional Pro-Life warriors who advance the Culture of Life and build the Kingdom of God. As a Development Associate, you will be a member of the team who raises the necessary monies which fund our educational, legislative, and political departments.
- Commit to defend innocent human Life from fertilization until natural death;
- Offer people an opportunity to invest their time, money, and talents in the Pro-Life cause;
- Initially work daily and two evenings per week in the Houston state headquarters;
- Travel overnight up to six nights a month;
- Hold a college degree from an accredited four-year institution;
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week;
- Work up to 65 hours a week for brief periods of time (e.g., annual gala, end-of-year major donor campaign, etc.); and
- Work at least one Saturday and one Sunday a month.
- Full benefits will be provided after 90 days.
- Pay will be commensurate to actual fundraising and development experience, and will be competitive with the current market.
- All work expenses, including mileage, are reimbursed weekly.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Set and make 10-15 visits per month with current identified donors across Texas;
- Articulate effectively the vision, mission, and goals of Texas Right to Life;
- Speak with 50 donors a week on the phone;
- Attend work related functions — including social and political events;
- Organize regional receptions for supporters;
- Participate in telemarketing campaigns;
- Solicit major gifts; and
- Seek new donors.