Kathy Ireland: Pro-Life Convert
Supermodel-turned-author Kathy Ireland is becoming famous for more than her covers of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit editions. Last year, while on the road to promote her latest book, Ireland appeared on Mike Huckabee's show and talked about how she became Pro-Life.
Years after becoming Christian, Ireland considered herself pro-choice. A strong advocate for women's rights, Ireland believed "It's a woman's body; it's her choice. . .even though maybe I wouldn't have one myself, who am I to impose my beliefs on someone else?" Ireland believed that being pro-choice was pro-woman.
In her quest for answers, Ireland turned to her husband's medical books. Ireland told Huckabee "what I learned was that at the moment of conception, a new Life comes into being. The DNA, the genetic blueprint is there. The sex is determined. The blood type is determined." Planned Parenthood's claim that the newly formed child was "just a clump of cells," was not persuasive enough for Ireland.
What's more, Ireland came to the conclusion that the Pro-Life argument does not have to be accepted on religious grounds. "Even if you don't share our faith, an atheist can know that it's wrong to kill an innocent human life. That's why I'm okay with 'imposing' this on other people." The fact that life beings at conception is objective truth according to Ireland.
Several networks have canceled scheduled television appearances by Kathy Ireland after learning about her personal views. "There are people who don't want to hear about it...however, I'll never be ashamed of it; it's my foundation; it's who I am."
- Senate Bill that protects insurance consumers from paying for abortion faces scheduling showdown
- Product developed by graduate students has saved 150,000 newborns from death
- Op-ed: Planned Parenthood assumes 'expert' status on birth control, leaves kids in the dark about side effects
- ACTION ALERT: Pro-Life SB 575 is in jeopardy
- Five-year-old daughter of NFL player receives adult stem cell treatment for stage 4 cancer
- Mother: Cystic Fibrosis does not determine my son's value
- Newest in the abortion-marketing bag of tricks: abortion "navigators"
- Congratulations to our graduating Fellows!
- Movie producers secure first-ever jailhouse interview with Kermit Gosnell: "He's really happy"
- Thirteen years of legal euthanasia has led to slippery slope as woman is euthanized without her consent
- City of Budapest finds eight individuals guilty of harvesting aborted children for cosmetic treatments
- Abortion activists claim Pro-Lifers are "sexist"
In other words, if you can't win an argument, resort to name-calling.
- McKinney Planned Parenthood shuts down after residents pray for seven years
- Planned Parenthood, poised to lose late-term abortion revenue, says 20-week ban is "appalling"
- Sarah Davis cozies up to Planned Parenthood, biggest abortion perpetrator in the country
- Birthday of late Texas Right to Life founder, Dr. Joseph Graham, celebrated with four Pro-Life victories
- VICTORY in the U.S. House with passage of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- House Bill 3074, a first step in long road to reform, passes the Texas House of Representatives
HB 3074 is step forward in the necessary changes to Texas Advance Directives Act, but much work remains to protect hospitalized patients.
- Texas State House of Representatives passes protections for pregnant minors
As amended, HB 3994 passes final hurdle, gives pregnant minors and parents protections from a broken judicial bypass system
- TODAY: U.S. House to vote on bill that would federally protect babies from abortion starting at 20 weeks