Watch: Obama urges America to protect children, with exceptions
Recently, President Obama proposed broad gun control measures in response to the tragic shooting that happened one month ago at Sandy Hook Elementary school.
The President said, "While there is no law or set of laws that can prevent every senseless act of violence completely, no piece of legislation that will prevent every tragedy, or every act of evil, if there's even one thing we can do to reduce this violence, if there's even one life that can be saved, then we've got an obligation to try it."
In addition to several proposals to congress, President Obama signed 23 executive orders intended to reduce gun violence.
If only the president would do the same for the senseless violence that occurs in the womb. Well over 1 million babies are killed by abortion every year in America. And Pro-Lifers have rightly pointed out that although President Obama mourns for the children lost in Connecticut (as we all do), he not only overlooks but encourages the killing of very young children through abortion.
Pro-choice critics have said that this observation by Pro-Lifers is in poor taste in light of recent tragedies. But what's really tasteless? Showing concern for the innocent lives of both the born and unborn, or taking a vacation from logic and pretending that children in the womb aren't people at all? What's tasteless is telling our nation that we should protect our children, except some.
- ACTION ALERT: Pro-Life SB 575 is in jeopardy
- Five-year-old daughter of NFL player receives adult stem cell treatment for stage 4 cancer
- Mother: Cystic Fibrosis does not determine my son's value
- Newest in the abortion-marketing bag of tricks: abortion "navigators"
- Congratulations to our graduating Fellows!
- Movie producers secure first-ever jailhouse interview with Kermit Gosnell: "He's really happy"
- Thirteen years of legal euthanasia has led to slippery slope as woman is euthanized without her consent
- City of Budapest finds eight individuals guilty of harvesting aborted children for cosmetic treatments
- Abortion activists claim Pro-Lifers are "sexist"
In other words, if you can't win an argument, resort to name-calling.
- McKinney Planned Parenthood shuts down after residents pray for seven years
- Planned Parenthood, poised to lose late-term abortion revenue, says 20-week ban is "appalling"
- Sarah Davis cozies up to Planned Parenthood, biggest abortion perpetrator in the country
- Birthday of late Texas Right to Life founder, Dr. Joseph Graham, celebrated with four Pro-Life victories
- VICTORY in the U.S. House with passage of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- House Bill 3074, a first step in long road to reform, passes the Texas House of Representatives
HB 3074 is step forward in the necessary changes to Texas Advance Directives Act, but much work remains to protect hospitalized patients.
- Texas State House of Representatives passes protections for pregnant minors
As amended, HB 3994 passes final hurdle, gives pregnant minors and parents protections from a broken judicial bypass system
- TODAY: U.S. House to vote on bill that would federally protect babies from abortion starting at 20 weeks
- What Amnesty International left OUT of the story of a pregnant, ten-year-old rape victim is shocking
- Tick Tock: 84th session of Texas Legislature in final descent to nowhere
- New research suggests that fetal viability may be earlier than doctors thought