After state successes, Congress seeks to defund Planned Parenthood
If the adage “As goes Texas, so goes the Nation” holds any truth, we can be hopeful that the newly introduced legislation by Tennessee Congresswoman, Diane Black, will propel the issue of taxpayer funding of abortion facilities into national discussion again.
In 2011, the Texas Legislature voted to bar abortion providers and their affiliates from receiving state tax dollars in the Women’s Health Program. Texas also passed the most Pro-Life budget in history, stripping an additional $64.2 million in taxpayer funds from abortion businesses and their affiliates.
Now Congress is looking to follow Texas’ example.
The legislation proposed by Congresswoman Black, the Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act, would keep tax dollars out of the abortion industry by preventing the Secretary of Health and Human Services (currently the pro-abortion, former Kansas state governor, Kathleen Sebelius) from providing any federal family planning assistance to an entity or any affiliates that commit abortion.
Similar legislation was proposed less than a year ago, but was thwarted by President Obama and pro-abortion members of the Senate.
Texas has heeded the will of her people by legally redirecting state tax dollars away from the abortion industry to clean healthcare agencies. Congress is also, once again, trying to honor the wishes of the American people, but whether the pro-abortion majority in the Senate and Planned Parenthood’s biggest fan – Barack Obama – will allow that to pass is yet to be seen.
Currently, there are 135 cosponsors of H.R. 217, the Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act, 18 of whom are delegates from Texas. Information and text from the bill can be found here
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.