Judge rules to allow funding cuts to Planned Parenthood
A State judge ruled today that Texas can launch its new Women’s Health Program without Planned Parenthood.
Planed Parenthood, in a bid to maintain taxpayer funding, had asked the judge to place a temporary restraining order on a new Pro-Life rule banning abortion providers and their affiliates from participation in the revamped Women's Health Program, which goes into effect January 1. Judge Gary Harger denied that request today.
Elizabeth Graham, Director of Texas Right to Life, responded to Judge Harger's ruling:
“Once again, we are thrilled that a court has agreed with the Texas Legislature and has upheld the will of Texan taxpayers. Judge Harger has reaffirmed the state’s right to keep tax dollars out of the abortion industry.
“This is about women’s health, and taxpayer dollars should not be spent to prop up a dirty industry. Rather, we should help low-income women by funding legitimate healthcare centers that offer a wide range of services.”
The Texas Women's Health Program, recently taken over by Texas from the federal government, will officially launch tomorrow.
- Filings close, Texas Right to Life PAC prepares for the 2014 election cycle
Texas is ready to continue the strong Pro-Life leadership Texans have come to expect.
- Charity for free abortions targets teen girls
Propaganda campaign unfortunately has an impact on our youth because teens are inspired by their peers and the media.
- Spiritual Resource Page
- 1,000 People of Life Prayer Campaign
Join prayer warriors across Texas to save the innocent among us.
- Pope John Paul II Prays for the Unborn
The Millenial Pope spoke of the 'Unspeakable Crime of Abortion' referencing that the commandment 'You shall not kill' has 'absolute value when it refers to the innocent person.'
- Pope Benedict's Prayer for the Unborn
A theologian and philosopher, Pope Emeritus Benedict believes, 'It is necessary that society as a whole must defend the conceived child's Right to Life and the true good of the woman who can never, in any circumstances, find fulfillment in the decision to abort.'
- Pope Francis: Pray for the unborn
Misunderstood by the media, Pope Francis has frequently released teachings on the topic of abortion during his papacy.
- Pro-Life Legislators take another Stand for Life; sign brief to Fifth Circuit Court
- In Court brief, Texas Right to Life demands abortion industry prioritize lives and safety of women
Brief to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals establishes that abortion centers treat the women of Texas as future transactional customers, rather than patients afforded good medical care.
- Pain ordinance in Albuquerque hits setback
Pro-Life groups have vowed to keep fighting.
- US Supreme Court gives Texas another temporary Pro-Life victory
SCOTUS denies abortion industry's application to enjoin HB2 as lawsuit moves forward.
- National Pro-Life groups sign letter to Senate in support of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham has introduced federal legislation that will protect preborn babies who feel pain.
- Pro-Life events
Take action at Pro-Life gatherings across the state.
- Texas Right to Life announces emergency Fellowship class
Help Texas Right to Life recruit and identify Pro-Life applicants for our program who will courageously witness to the fact that all innocent human life has infinite value and must be defended.
- State protections on preborn Life inspire local government
The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Ordinance is on the November 19th ballot in Albuquerque.
- Texas Right to Life PAC Proudly Endorses Greg Abbott for Governor
As a staunch supporter of the Pro-Life cause, Greg Abbott shares all of Texas Right to Life's goals for protecting Life.
- Political Action Committee issues endorsement for Sid Miller for Agriculture Commissioner
Texans will be served well by Sid Miller because the protection of all Texans remains his top priority.
- Abortion advocates gamble on Supreme Court of the United States re: HB2
- Texas Right to Life begins 2014 endorsement process
- Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders