Watch: Governor Rick Perry supports Preborn Pain Bill
At a press conference hosted by Texas Right to Life on Tuesday, Governor Rick Perry urged Texas legislators to support Texas Right to Life's flagship bill for the 2013 Texas legislative session, the Preborn Pain Bill. The Preborn Pain Bill will protect babies in the womb who can feel pain from the torture of abortion by prohibiting abortions from being committed at 20 weeks gestation and later.
Governor Perry: The ideal world is a world without abortion. Until then, we're going to pass laws to ensure that abortion is as rare as possible under existing law...
This session, I'm calling on the legislature to strengthen our ban on that procedure, prohibiting abortion at the point a baby can feel the pain of being killed. We have an obligation to end that type of cruelty.
And I'll be clear: my goal, and the goal of many of those joining me here today, is to make abortion, at any stage, a thing of the past.
While Roe v. Wade prevents us from taking that step, it does allow us -- the states -- to do some things to protect Life if we can show there is a compelling state interest. Now, I don't think that there is any issue that better fits the definition of "compelling state interest" than preventing the suffering of our state's unborn. We cannot, and will not, idly stand by while our unborn are being put through the agony of having their lives ended.
Elizabeth Graham: Texas Right to Life is so honored that Governor Perry would highlight Texas Right to Life's flagship bill for the 2013 legislative session...
We're very excited that pre-born children who can feel pain will be spared from this barbaric and gruesome procedure next session in 2013. Please show your support to your elected officials to pass this bill, and join us next spring when Governor Perry signs the bill after it passes.
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.