Governor Perry calls on Planned Parenthood to cease scare tactics
Texas Right to Life was honored to be included in Governor Perry’s press conference to announce the new Texas Women’s Health Program barring abortion providers like Planned Parenthood and their affiliates. Since we worked to keep this program clean in the 2011 Legislative Session, Texas Right to Life has been working with Governor Perry and his staff since then to write rules that would encompass legitimate health care agencies into the program.
Governor Perry made strong statements representing the values of the majority of Texans who do not want their tax dollars funding abortion:
As the elected representatives of the people of the state of Texas, they have made it crystal-clear that this important program will not be used to give taxpayer dollars to abortion groups and affiliates. This law reflects the clear values of the state. In Texas, we cherish innocent life, and we won’t allow taxpayer money to be used to promote or provide abortions through the women’s health program…
Governor Perry has prioritized access to care for women seeking basic health care and screenings. And Governor Perry shares Texas Right to Life’s goal of offering women ample options when selecting a provider. Women should not be driven to abortion clinics for routine exams and other needs. Governor Perry emphasized:
It’s my hope that those who [Planned Parenthood] will be excluded from participating in this program, because of their support of abortions, end the scare tactics that have been going on, and focus on what’s truly important, and that’s helping these patients get the services they need and deserve…Texas will not allow a program that includes abortion providers or their affiliates like Planned Parenthood to be a provider.
Texas Right to Life appreciates the bold leadership demonstrated by Governor Perry on the life issues. He is the true champ for women and women’s health in Texas!
Please take a moment to thank Governor Perry for his unwavering support for the unborn in Texas. http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/17819/
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.