Pro-Life budget shutters Texas abortion center
A year after Texas’ most Pro-Life budget went into effect the legislature that passed it continues to see results.
Planned Parenthood of Abilene is closing its doors on November 9th citing the Pro-Life budget cuts spearheaded by Texas Right to Life.
"We share the concern of community members about what the long term consequences of Texas' cuts to family planning funding will mean," said Carla Holeva, interim CEO of Planned Parenthood of West Texas.
The Abilene Planned Parenthood is the first known abortion center to be shuttered since the passing of the budget which cut funding to family planning services that serve as a funding stream to the abortion industry. This center dispenses the dangerous abortion pill, RU-486, as well as the abortion-inducing morning-after pill.
Since passing, thirteen family planning Planned Parenthood locations have closed. The center in Abilene is the first Planned Parenthood that committed medical abortions to close, bringing the total Planned Parenthood closures to fourteen.
This particular location is an example of the deceptive nature of Planned Parenthood’s “separation of services” argument. Although they were receiving family planning funding at 3449 N. 10th, the abortion center was located at the same address. Texas law, however, allows “separate” clinics to operate under the same roof – much like this Planned Parenthood location – while still receiving state funding.
Abortion advocates have long claimed that family planning funding has no affect on abortion centers. The closing of this location, by admission of its own staff, implies differently.
Pro-Life Texans can be proud of their stand and their Pro-Life legislators who helped pass the strongest Pro-Life budget in history.
- Texas women are over Wendy Davis, the "abortion Barbie"
A new poll indicates that Wendy Davis has failed to charm Texas women with her empty rhetoric about claiming to care for women's health.
- Chilling political intimidation aims to halt Tea Party in Texas
Moderate Republicans in Texas seek to use the same kind of tactics used by the Obama IRS to intimidate non-profit advocacy groups who participate in political speech.
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.