Rape-conceived woman speaks out
Juda Myers has made it her life’s mission to reach out to women victimized by rape, and to protect unborn babies conceived by rape and incest from the injustice of abortion.
Too often, legislators -- and even some Pro-Lifers -- make concessions for abortion in the cases of rape and incest, claiming that the exceptions are compassionate for the women involved. While the trauma of rape cannot be overstated, Juda told Texas Right to Life that such a claim unfairly compares the value of the mother’s life and her baby’s life. “I think they’re equal,” she said.
Juda was conceived when her mother was attacked and raped while walking home alone late at night. Juda was placed for adoption as an infant, and as an adult met her birth mother.
“I want people to know the joy I have in living,” said Juda. “And I want people to know the joy my mother has in living.”
Watch the video to hear the whole story.
- Senate Bill that protects insurance consumers from paying for abortion faces scheduling showdown
- Product developed by graduate students has saved 150,000 newborns from death
- Op-ed: Planned Parenthood assumes 'expert' status on birth control, leaves kids in the dark about side effects
- ACTION ALERT: Pro-Life SB 575 is in jeopardy
- Five-year-old daughter of NFL player receives adult stem cell treatment for stage 4 cancer
- Mother: Cystic Fibrosis does not determine my son's value
- Newest in the abortion-marketing bag of tricks: abortion "navigators"
- Congratulations to our graduating Fellows!
- Movie producers secure first-ever jailhouse interview with Kermit Gosnell: "He's really happy"
- Thirteen years of legal euthanasia has led to slippery slope as woman is euthanized without her consent
- City of Budapest finds eight individuals guilty of harvesting aborted children for cosmetic treatments
- Abortion activists claim Pro-Lifers are "sexist"
In other words, if you can't win an argument, resort to name-calling.
- McKinney Planned Parenthood shuts down after residents pray for seven years
- Planned Parenthood, poised to lose late-term abortion revenue, says 20-week ban is "appalling"
- Sarah Davis cozies up to Planned Parenthood, biggest abortion perpetrator in the country
- Birthday of late Texas Right to Life founder, Dr. Joseph Graham, celebrated with four Pro-Life victories
- VICTORY in the U.S. House with passage of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- House Bill 3074, a first step in long road to reform, passes the Texas House of Representatives
HB 3074 is step forward in the necessary changes to Texas Advance Directives Act, but much work remains to protect hospitalized patients.
- Texas State House of Representatives passes protections for pregnant minors
As amended, HB 3994 passes final hurdle, gives pregnant minors and parents protections from a broken judicial bypass system
- TODAY: U.S. House to vote on bill that would federally protect babies from abortion starting at 20 weeks