Alarming statistics about sex-selective abortion
According to a 2008 study by Columbia University economists Douglas Almond and Lena Edlund, the sex ratio for U.S.-born children of Chinese, Korean, and Asian-Indian parents favors boys. Although the sex ratio for first-born children was normal (106 girls for every 100 boys), the ratio for second-born children was 100 girls for every 117 boys if the first child was a girl. Based on these numbers, about 10% of the girls were eliminated. According to their report, “The male bias is particularly evident for third children. If there was no previous son, sons outnumbered daughters by 50%.” For every 100 girls, there were 151 boys.
On May 31, 2012, the U.S. House of Representatives failed to pass the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PreNDA), a bill that would make it unlawful to perform or coerce a sex-selection abortion. The vote was 246-168 in favor of the bill, but a two-thirds majority was required under the fast-track procedure that was utilized.
75 percent of Texas’ delegates in the U.S. House of Representatives voted in favor of PreNDA. Texas Congressman Pete Olson (R-Sugar Land 22nd) told Texas Right to Life, “While a large majority voted for the proposed bill, it is unfortunate and sad that it still fell short of the votes needed to pass. Partisan politics should never jeopardize the fate of human lives. Protecting innocent human life is a sacred responsibility and I will continue to do all that I can to protect the unborn.”
In addition to President Barack Obama, Planned Parenthood was one of the main opponents to the bill. The Huffington Post reported that “no Planned Parenthood clinic will deny a woman an abortion based on her reasons for wanting one, except in those states that explicitly prohibit sex-selective abortions (Arizona, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Illinois).” So, Planned Parenthood supports abortion for any reason—even if the child is deemed to be the “wrong” sex.
- Filings close, Texas Right to Life PAC prepares for the 2014 election cycle
Texas is ready to continue the strong Pro-Life leadership Texans have come to expect.
- Charity for free abortions targets teen girls
Propaganda campaign unfortunately has an impact on our youth because teens are inspired by their peers and the media.
- Spiritual Resource Page
- 1,000 People of Life Prayer Campaign
Join prayer warriors across Texas to save the innocent among us.
- Pope John Paul II Prays for the Unborn
The Millenial Pope spoke of the 'Unspeakable Crime of Abortion' referencing that the commandment 'You shall not kill' has 'absolute value when it refers to the innocent person.'
- Pope Benedict's Prayer for the Unborn
A theologian and philosopher, Pope Emeritus Benedict believes, 'It is necessary that society as a whole must defend the conceived child's Right to Life and the true good of the woman who can never, in any circumstances, find fulfillment in the decision to abort.'
- Pope Francis: Pray for the unborn
Misunderstood by the media, Pope Francis has frequently released teachings on the topic of abortion during his papacy.
- Pro-Life Legislators take another Stand for Life; sign brief to Fifth Circuit Court
- In Court brief, Texas Right to Life demands abortion industry prioritize lives and safety of women
Brief to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals establishes that abortion centers treat the women of Texas as future transactional customers, rather than patients afforded good medical care.
- Pain ordinance in Albuquerque hits setback
Pro-Life groups have vowed to keep fighting.
- US Supreme Court gives Texas another temporary Pro-Life victory
SCOTUS denies abortion industry's application to enjoin HB2 as lawsuit moves forward.
- National Pro-Life groups sign letter to Senate in support of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham has introduced federal legislation that will protect preborn babies who feel pain.
- Pro-Life events
Take action at Pro-Life gatherings across the state.
- Texas Right to Life announces emergency Fellowship class
Help Texas Right to Life recruit and identify Pro-Life applicants for our program who will courageously witness to the fact that all innocent human life has infinite value and must be defended.
- State protections on preborn Life inspire local government
The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Ordinance is on the November 19th ballot in Albuquerque.
- Texas Right to Life PAC Proudly Endorses Greg Abbott for Governor
As a staunch supporter of the Pro-Life cause, Greg Abbott shares all of Texas Right to Life's goals for protecting Life.
- Political Action Committee issues endorsement for Sid Miller for Agriculture Commissioner
Texans will be served well by Sid Miller because the protection of all Texans remains his top priority.
- Abortion advocates gamble on Supreme Court of the United States re: HB2
- Texas Right to Life begins 2014 endorsement process
- Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders