Alarming statistics about sex-selective abortion
According to a 2008 study by Columbia University economists Douglas Almond and Lena Edlund, the sex ratio for U.S.-born children of Chinese, Korean, and Asian-Indian parents favors boys. Although the sex ratio for first-born children was normal (106 girls for every 100 boys), the ratio for second-born children was 100 girls for every 117 boys if the first child was a girl. Based on these numbers, about 10% of the girls were eliminated. According to their report, “The male bias is particularly evident for third children. If there was no previous son, sons outnumbered daughters by 50%.” For every 100 girls, there were 151 boys.
On May 31, 2012, the U.S. House of Representatives failed to pass the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PreNDA), a bill that would make it unlawful to perform or coerce a sex-selection abortion. The vote was 246-168 in favor of the bill, but a two-thirds majority was required under the fast-track procedure that was utilized.
75 percent of Texas’ delegates in the U.S. House of Representatives voted in favor of PreNDA. Texas Congressman Pete Olson (R-Sugar Land 22nd) told Texas Right to Life, “While a large majority voted for the proposed bill, it is unfortunate and sad that it still fell short of the votes needed to pass. Partisan politics should never jeopardize the fate of human lives. Protecting innocent human life is a sacred responsibility and I will continue to do all that I can to protect the unborn.”
In addition to President Barack Obama, Planned Parenthood was one of the main opponents to the bill. The Huffington Post reported that “no Planned Parenthood clinic will deny a woman an abortion based on her reasons for wanting one, except in those states that explicitly prohibit sex-selective abortions (Arizona, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Illinois).” So, Planned Parenthood supports abortion for any reason—even if the child is deemed to be the “wrong” sex.
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.