Pro-Lifers cruise with Dewhurst
Some in the race for U.S. Senate are challenging Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst's Pro-Life credentials. That's why Texas Right to Life PAC is highlighting his Pro-Life accomplishments while serving Texas.
David Dewhurst was one of the first candidates of the 2012 election cycle to be early endorsed for U.S. Senate by Texas Right to Life PAC. Elizabeth Graham, Director of Texas Right to Life, emphasized that Dewhurst "has carried the water for the Pro-Life cause since he was first elected. Even as Land Commissioner, he let us know that he was willing and eager to promote the Pro-Life cause in any way he could. Dewhurst’s record on Pro-Life issues is unquestionable and unmatched by anyone else in the race for US Senate."
Below are highlights from Dewhurst’s tenure as Lieutenant Governor since 2003. Dewhurst was instrumental in passing the following Pro-Life legislation:
-- The Woman’s Right to Know Act in 2003, which requires a 24-hour waiting period before an abortion.
-- The Prenatal Protection Act of 2003, which protects unborn children from the moment of fertilization in the Texas criminal code. Consequently, when pregnant women are assaulted, the law now recognizes two victims of state crimes.
-- Strengthened Parental Involvement Laws for teen abortions in 2005.
-- A final 2005 state budget that included funding allocations for alternatives to abortion, making Texas the 10th state to offer such a program.
-- Increased the funding to abortion alternatives in 2009.
-- The 2011 landmark Sonogram Law.
-- A 2011 state budget that redirected $64.2 million away from the abortion industry, directly resulting in 12 Planned Parenthood closures.
The above is by no means an exhaustive list of Dewhurst’s Pro-Life accomplishments, said Graham: "Even when Pro-Life measures did not pass, Dewhurst was doing everything he could to shepherd Pro-Life bills to a final vote. Dewhurst has achieved an impressive Pro-Life track record, and we are confident that he possesses the much-needed values and leadership for a United States Senator."
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.