Statement on Women's Health Program shutdown
Elizabeth Graham, Director of Texas Right to Life reflects on the imminent shutdown of the Texas Women's Health Program:
“President Obama is playing politics with women's health by forcing his radical abortion agenda on low-income women in Texas. Women don't want to receive their health care services at abortion clinics, and President Obama has directed the CMS to shut down a program that serves low-income women unless the program includes abortion clinics; he has clearly overstepped the line.
“Texas legislators sought to protect and improve the health of women served under the WHP by clarifying that abortion providers are not eligible to participate in the WHP. Now CMS, at the direction of President Obama, has told our state health commission that the program cannot be implemented under the new restrictions. Low-income women are being robbed of vital services due to President Obama's relentless support of unrestricted abortion.”
- Product developed by graduate students has saved 150,000 newborns from death
- Op-ed: Planned Parenthood assumes 'expert' status on birth control, leaves kids in the dark about side effects
- ACTION ALERT: Pro-Life SB 575 is in jeopardy
- Five-year-old daughter of NFL player receives adult stem cell treatment for stage 4 cancer
- Mother: Cystic Fibrosis does not determine my son's value
- Newest in the abortion-marketing bag of tricks: abortion "navigators"
- Congratulations to our graduating Fellows!
- Movie producers secure first-ever jailhouse interview with Kermit Gosnell: "He's really happy"
- Thirteen years of legal euthanasia has led to slippery slope as woman is euthanized without her consent
- City of Budapest finds eight individuals guilty of harvesting aborted children for cosmetic treatments
- Abortion activists claim Pro-Lifers are "sexist"
In other words, if you can't win an argument, resort to name-calling.
- McKinney Planned Parenthood shuts down after residents pray for seven years
- Planned Parenthood, poised to lose late-term abortion revenue, says 20-week ban is "appalling"
- Sarah Davis cozies up to Planned Parenthood, biggest abortion perpetrator in the country
- Birthday of late Texas Right to Life founder, Dr. Joseph Graham, celebrated with four Pro-Life victories
- VICTORY in the U.S. House with passage of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- House Bill 3074, a first step in long road to reform, passes the Texas House of Representatives
HB 3074 is step forward in the necessary changes to Texas Advance Directives Act, but much work remains to protect hospitalized patients.
- Texas State House of Representatives passes protections for pregnant minors
As amended, HB 3994 passes final hurdle, gives pregnant minors and parents protections from a broken judicial bypass system
- TODAY: U.S. House to vote on bill that would federally protect babies from abortion starting at 20 weeks
- What Amnesty International left OUT of the story of a pregnant, ten-year-old rape victim is shocking