Texas Right to Life announces endorsements and certifications for 2012 elections
Texas Right to Life Political Action Committee announced the 2012 Pro-Life candidate list for the November 6th general election. The PAC screened and interviewed hundreds of candidates for local and statewide offices to determine if the candidates share Texas Right to Life’s goals and meet our stringent criteria.
“We are thrilled to support so many strong men and women who seek elected office in Texas during the primary election,” said Dr. Joseph Graham, President of Texas Right to Life. “These candidates are all unyielding Pro-Life individuals with the values and leadership Texas needs.”
Prospective endorsees undergo a rigorous screening process. Each of our endorsed and certified candidates must meet Texas Right to Life’s high standards on Pro-Life issues including abortion, stem cell research, denial of medical treatment, and government funding of the abortion industry. This is determined by each candidate completing a thorough issues-based questionnaire and a personal interview with our candidate screening panel.
In the event that two or more candidates running for the same seat are equally strong on Life issues, Texas Right to Life certifies both, rather than endorsing just one.
Texas Right to Life’s Political Action Committee helps Pro-Life men and women win elections, which contributed to the super-majority in the State House in 2011. During 2011, the 82ndState Legislative Session was the most successful session ever for the Pro-Life cause in Texas.
Texas Right to Life is the oldest and largest statewide Pro-Life organization in Texas that defends innocent human life from fertilization until natural death through legal, peaceful, and prayerful means.
View a complete list of Texas Right to Life PAC’s endorsements and certifications.
Download the 2012 Pro-Life general election voter guide.
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.