The Texas Legislature’s Anti-Life Proponents
by Sarah Crawford and Doug McGeeThursday, June 02, 2011
As the 82nd Texas Legislative Session comes to a close, it has become clear who the champions of Life are in the state of Texas, and who opposes the defense of the innocent. Representatives Sid Miller, Bryan Hughes, Randy Weber, Wayne Christian, Charlie Howard, Jodie Laubenberg, Charles Perry, Bill Zedler, and many more, have been ardent defenders of Life. While the Pro-Life super majority has been a blessing, there were a select few who would stop at nothing to squelch the advances for Life. Most notably, Representative Jessica Farrar and Senator Wendy Davis were determined to stop all Pro-Life efforts.
Both the Representative and the Senator cast votes against Pro-Life bills that came to the chambers. Their votes are consistent with their pro-abortion stances. Since 2003 Farrar has held a 100% record by NARAL Pro-Choice America; since 2009 Davis has held that percentage as well. Farrar has maintained a 0% rating from Texas Right to Life PAC for the last five sessions.
Each congresswoman was vehemently opposed to the sonogram bill that requires abortionists to perform an ultrasound and allow the woman see the image of her child 24 hours prior to an abortion.
Representative Farrar has received numerous awards from pro-abortion groups, including Planned Parenthood. She has also received campaign funds from Planned Parenthood of Houston and Southeast Texas Action Fund and Annie’s List, Texas’s largest, progressive, political action committee working to elect pro-abortion women into public offices. In 2008, contributions from Annie’s List amounted to $10,000.
Senator Davis also has a financial history with Annie’s List. The organization has given her campaign $148,000 dollars since 2007. Planned Parenthood has not given Davis any award yet, but they do continue to endorse her.
Both Representative Farrar and Senator Davis lived up to their anti-Life endorsements during this session.
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.