Pope Benedict Requests Worldwide Prayer for Unborn
As Christmas approaches, it is important to take a break from the commercialism overload and reflect on the true meaning of the season. Faith, family, and life should be the tenants of all holiday celebrations. It is in this spirit that Pope Benedict XVI has called for a worldwide, solemn “Vigil for All Nascent Human Life” to begin the Advent season.
The Pope will celebrate the vigil at St. Peter’s Basilica on Saturday, November 27th. The Pope is encouraging all Catholic parishes to participate in analogous celebrations worldwide. There is also a very large ecumenical outreach included in the vigil. The Pope is calling for all the faithful “in their respective parishes, religious communities, associations, and movements” to participate and pause to remember the most vulnerable among us.
Mary McClusky, Special Projects Coordinator at the Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities, applauds the Pope’s decision to celebrate such a vigil. McClusky released a statement that those who attend a vigil “may help increase awareness among family and friends about abortion, embryonic stem cell research, and other threats to children in their earliest days and weeks of life.” She also confirms that now is the perfect time to have such a vigil as we live in a society that is “endorsing the killing of humans as a perceived solution to social, economic, and environmental problems.”
All Pro-Lifers should prayerfully consider pausing on November 27th as part of this unprecedented worldwide prayer for the unborn. Whether a Catholic or not, this is a worthy opportunity to share our Pro-Life values with society. For more information about the “Vigil for All Nascent Human Life” in both English and Spanish visit: www.usccb.org/prolife/papalvigil.
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.