Pope Benedict Requests Worldwide Prayer for Unborn
As Christmas approaches, it is important to take a break from the commercialism overload and reflect on the true meaning of the season. Faith, family, and life should be the tenants of all holiday celebrations. It is in this spirit that Pope Benedict XVI has called for a worldwide, solemn “Vigil for All Nascent Human Life” to begin the Advent season.
The Pope will celebrate the vigil at St. Peter’s Basilica on Saturday, November 27th. The Pope is encouraging all Catholic parishes to participate in analogous celebrations worldwide. There is also a very large ecumenical outreach included in the vigil. The Pope is calling for all the faithful “in their respective parishes, religious communities, associations, and movements” to participate and pause to remember the most vulnerable among us.
Mary McClusky, Special Projects Coordinator at the Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities, applauds the Pope’s decision to celebrate such a vigil. McClusky released a statement that those who attend a vigil “may help increase awareness among family and friends about abortion, embryonic stem cell research, and other threats to children in their earliest days and weeks of life.” She also confirms that now is the perfect time to have such a vigil as we live in a society that is “endorsing the killing of humans as a perceived solution to social, economic, and environmental problems.”
All Pro-Lifers should prayerfully consider pausing on November 27th as part of this unprecedented worldwide prayer for the unborn. Whether a Catholic or not, this is a worthy opportunity to share our Pro-Life values with society. For more information about the “Vigil for All Nascent Human Life” in both English and Spanish visit: www.usccb.org/prolife/papalvigil.
- Senate Bill that protects insurance consumers from paying for abortion faces scheduling showdown
- Product developed by graduate students has saved 150,000 newborns from death
- Op-ed: Planned Parenthood assumes 'expert' status on birth control, leaves kids in the dark about side effects
- ACTION ALERT: Pro-Life SB 575 is in jeopardy
- Five-year-old daughter of NFL player receives adult stem cell treatment for stage 4 cancer
- Mother: Cystic Fibrosis does not determine my son's value
- Newest in the abortion-marketing bag of tricks: abortion "navigators"
- Congratulations to our graduating Fellows!
- Movie producers secure first-ever jailhouse interview with Kermit Gosnell: "He's really happy"
- Thirteen years of legal euthanasia has led to slippery slope as woman is euthanized without her consent
- City of Budapest finds eight individuals guilty of harvesting aborted children for cosmetic treatments
- Abortion activists claim Pro-Lifers are "sexist"
In other words, if you can't win an argument, resort to name-calling.
- McKinney Planned Parenthood shuts down after residents pray for seven years
- Planned Parenthood, poised to lose late-term abortion revenue, says 20-week ban is "appalling"
- Sarah Davis cozies up to Planned Parenthood, biggest abortion perpetrator in the country
- Birthday of late Texas Right to Life founder, Dr. Joseph Graham, celebrated with four Pro-Life victories
- VICTORY in the U.S. House with passage of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- House Bill 3074, a first step in long road to reform, passes the Texas House of Representatives
HB 3074 is step forward in the necessary changes to Texas Advance Directives Act, but much work remains to protect hospitalized patients.
- Texas State House of Representatives passes protections for pregnant minors
As amended, HB 3994 passes final hurdle, gives pregnant minors and parents protections from a broken judicial bypass system
- TODAY: U.S. House to vote on bill that would federally protect babies from abortion starting at 20 weeks