To end abortion in Houston, we all need to work together. That is what Unite for Life-Houston is all about. Texas Right to Life is joining forces with other Pro-Life organizations to hold what could be the largest Pro-Life gathering aimed at stopping abortion in Houston.
On October 23, 2010 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM, Pro-Life advocates from across the Houston metro area will come together for this historic event. The mission of Unite for Life-Houston is to: 1) Mobilize Pro-Life Houstonians by connecting them with resources that support Life affirming choices 2) Represent a unified voice of prayer against abortion 3) Commit to making a difference by voting for Pro-Life candidates in November. The target attendees for this event are those who already consider themselves to be Pro-Life but who are unsure of how they can make a difference.
The first part of the event will be held on the grounds of the Catholic Charismatic Center in Houston. This location was selected based on its close proximity to the largest Planned Parenthood facility in the Western Hemisphere. Due to the number of people expected, please allow plenty of time for parking and traffic.
Eduardo Verástegui, international Pro-Life speaker and star of the Pro-Life movie “Bella,” will be the keynote speaker. Mr. Verástegui co-founded the production company Metanoia. The company’s first film, “Bella” has inspired many women to choose life for their babies. He continues his Pro-Life work through the Bella Hero Project and international speaking engagements. Other guest speakers include Apostle Claver Kamau-Imani, Michael Mauldin, Karen Perez, and Elizabeth McClung. In between speakers, attendees will have time to visit Pro-Life booths, where they can learn what Houston area Pro-Life groups are doing and how to become involved.
The second part of the event will consist of a prayerful march to the new Planned Parenthood on the Gulf Freeway. This Planned Parenthood opened officially opened its doors on May 11th of this year and will perform abortions up the 25th week of pregnancy (late-term abortions). The goal for this event is draw 10,000 supporters to Unite for Life-Houston. People of all races, religions, and backgrounds are invited to attend.
Unite for Life-Houston has the potential to significantly impact thousands of innocent lives and lead to the closing of the new Houston Planned Parenthood. For more information, please visit: www.uniteforlife2010.org.
- Anatomy of a Spin: Unraveling the SB 303 Saga as 'reported' by Texas Tribune
- Opposition grows against SB303
The number of groups and citizens opposed to Senate Bill 303 continues to gain ground.
- National Right to Life urges Texans to oppose Senate Bill 303
- Despite proponents' claims, SB 303 allows denial of food and water
Take action to protect Texas patients.
- Terri Schiavo's brother urges Texas House members to reject SB 303
Bobby Schindler asks House members to spare Texans the pain encountered by his sister and to vote no on SB 303.
- Death Panel Bill Hearing Monday in Texas House
The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons implores Texans to contact their representatives about SB 303.
- Big Medicine vs. Patient's Rights
- Attorney General Greg Abbott accepts Defender of Life Award
Texas Attorney General accepts the "Defender of Life Award" at the Montgomery County Right to Life 2013 Dinner For Life.
- Hostile Orders
Should the decision be the patient's or the doctor's?
- The Void of Reason
If you missed it, the President gave a twelve minute speech at Planned Parenthood's annual gala.
- Texas 14-year-old given abortion pills against will by abuser
A Texas man is accused of impregnating a minor and coercing her into taking abortion pills.
- WND comments on proposed reforms to Texas' futile care law
New bill in works would end life despite patient, family wishes
- Texas rallies for higher abortion clinic standards, vows to prevent Gosnell horrors
Commonsense legislation would hold abortion clinics to the same standards and regulations to which other medical facilities are held.
- SB303: Long on process; short on patient protections
State Senate sends flawed and dangerous Advance Directive Bill to House
- Texas Right to Life outlines concerns with SB303 and CSSB303
Here is a chart comparing the proposed reforms of the Texas Advanced Directive Law, to real, effective reform.
- State and national Pro-Life leaders oppose Senate Bill 303, House Bill 1444
In a letter to Texas State Legislators, Pro-Life leaders and medical professionals stated their concerns with proposed "reforms" to the Texas futile care law.
- Dr. Elizabeth Wickham, President of LifeTree, Comments on Texas SB 303
- Texas Preborn Pain: Pro-Life side prevails in hearing
Multiple Pro-Life medical and legal experts demonstrated the need for and defended the bill against one of the most pro-abortion members of the Texas House of Representatives.
- Texas is about to face another crisis in its healthcare
Everyone in the State, regardless of their present state of health could be affected by this Bill in the event of a serious illness or an accident.
- Experts set to testify on Texas Right to Life's PreBorn Pain Bill
Medical professionals will testify before the House State Affairs Committee offering support of the Texas Preborn Pain Bill.