Pro-Life Action Alert
We know you are all anxious to support us in our efforts to pass House Bill 2, the Pro-Life omnibus bill for the 2nd Special Session. Thank you for your willingness to support Texas Right to Life in our efforts to stand for Life, provide a voice to the Preborn, protect women, and to defend the defenseless.
House Bill 2 will be heard in committee as early as 3:30pm this Tuesday, July 2. All Pro-Lifers in attendance in Austin are encouraged to join us at the Capitol Extension (E2.030).
Click here for a map of the Capitol
We will be filling up the hearing room and lining up the hallways of the Capitol Extension about 2pm. It is expected that the testimony may run as late as midnight.
If you attend a hearing day, please register at the Capitol kiosk in support of House Bill 2. The kiosks are on stands outside the committee room. Likewise, if you would like to participate in the testimony, please prepare a three-minute testimony explaining how abortion has hurt you or someone you love. When you register at the Capitol kiosk in support of House Bill 2, then you may also select your desire to testify. Be prepared for a long day and night, and bring snacks and beverages.
Remember to wear baby blue!
Today, July 1, we expect the bill to be referred to committee. However, it is not necessary for you to be present today. By mid-week, we will have the calendar for the remaining three days where your attendance would be beneficial. These days include: a vote in the House, a hearing in the Senate, and a final vote in the Senate. As soon as we have the calendar details confirmed, we will release that information to you quickly.
Attendance at any one of these four days would be very much appreciated. Some people are coming in for one day and others are arranging to be in Austin for all four. Parking may prove to be a bit of a problem. However, we're currently working on securing private parking at area churches and businesses and then bussing folks over to the Capitol grounds.
PARKING – Within walking distance
· Meter parking* – meters are limited around the Capitol and you must move your car after 3 hours
· Double Tree Suites* – 303 W. 15th Street, west of the Capitol
· Bob Bullock Museum* – 1800 N. Congress, north of the Capitol
· Wells Fargo Garage, 400 W 15th St., west of the Capitol
What YOU Can Do Today
Steps to #Stand4Life
1. Pray and intercede for wisdom, courage, and strength for all of the elected officials who will vote on this measure. Pray that they will all stand for life regardless of the spiritual, emotional, and physical attacks leveled against them.
2. Call and email YOUR Representative and Senator starting on Monday with a simple message, "Please speak, stand, and vote FOR HB 2. My support will be significantly determined by the vote on this bill." You may also sign up for text alerts from Governor Perry by texting "LIFE" to 21824.
Visit this link to confirm your correct Representative and Senator: http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx
3. Come to the Texas State Capitol in Austin for the hearings and/or the final vote in each chamber when scheduled. We must not let the majority of Pro-Life Texas citizens be unorganized on this critical issue at this critical hour. (Committee and vote schedule details will be sent when available.)
4. Encourage your Pastor to personally use every communication available of pulpit, email, text, etc., to call out your congregation to join you in attending. There will be a special meeting space set aside near the Capitol as a reception area for pastors to pick up information packets, rest, and pray! Watch for more information, or email Dave Welch at DWelch@USPastorCouncil.org.
5. Encourage your family, friends, co-workers and church members to join you in these efforts. Use the hashtag #Stand4Life on Twitter to show support for all Life. There is definitely strength in numbers. Now is the time to show that the majority of Texans are Pro-Life.
If you have questions or plan to attend, please contact Melissa Conway at MConway@TexasRightToLife.com or the Texas Right to Life office at 713-782-5433.
- Federal judge denies abortionist exemption from Pro-Life law
Following a hearing today, a U.S. District Judge refused to allow an El Paso abortionist to continue abortions without admitting privileges required by recently passed House Bill 2.
- Texas focuses on ways to promote loving choice of adoption
The adoption process on a mother's end should be lauded and should be as accessible as possible.
- Grisly Houston abortionist sued for malpractice
Abortionist accused of killing infants born alive by twisting their necks, sued by former patient.
- Texas Pro-Life students stand in stark contrast to anti-Life efforts
The premier example of Pro-Life, youth activism in Texas can be found in the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, going strong since its founding in 2008.
- Texas Right to Life PAC issues 2014 Primary Endorsements
- Fighting for a chance: John Mark and all preborn Texans
Weighing just 1 pound 4 ounces, John Mark became a beacon of hope for all prebron Texans fighting for a chance to live.
- British hospitals disregard Life; burn fetal remains to heat facilites
Some hospitals in the UK have been incinerating fetal remains, and some are participating in a "waste-to-energy" program.
- Legal Attacks continue against new Texas Pro-Life law
Abortion providers launch another lawsuit against HB2, hoping to lower the health and safety standards required at abortion facilities in McAllen and El Paso.
- One Mother's story Celebrating a Life Bigger than a Filibuster
- Obama, Planned Parenthood grasping for American youth to save disastrous healthcare law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled against Planned Parenthood
- Texas Right to Life defends First Amendment
Texas Right To Life & Texas Home School Coalition Intervene in Federal Lawsuit
Ethics Commission Threatening First Amendment Rights
- US Court of Appeals gives Texas a historic Pro-Life victory again
- Court date for Hobby Lobby
The views of Hobby Lobby are in line with those of a majority of Americans, who stand in opposition to the HHS mandate's disregard for religious freedom.
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Branch Campaign Misrepresentation
Leaders Set Record Straight: Branch Tried to Expand Third-Trimester Abortions in Texas
- Wendy Davis and Planned Parenthood President twist truth on when life begins
Davis, Richards, and even Barack Obama sing same anti-scientific tune on when Life begins.
- McAllen and Beaumont Abortuaries Close
Whole Woman's Health announced that it is closing two clinics: the Beaumont location and another facility in McAllen.
- Wendy Davis earns new title
Davis was given "Ms. Internacional" award from League of United Latin American Citizens to go along with her other title: Abortion Queen.
- The Texas Right to Life Pro-Life Revolution Advances
Texas Right to Life PAC achieved our top three goals and gained some bonus in the process.
- Election results finalized: Pro-Life movement in Texas stronger than ever
Election results show voters are not willing to settle for Pro-Life talking points. The majority of Texans only want fully committed, passionate Pro-Life leaders to represent them.